Thursday, December 4, 2008

Let Me Explain...

Yes, it's been a while. I honestly didn't fall off the face of the earth. I've just needed a break. A serious break. I was seriously stressed and worn out after the election season and all the economy stuff happening all at once.

So the day after the election, I disconnected.

I needed to find peace again. I haven't watched the news, read the financial blogs or listened to talk radio since. I know there is still a lot of turmoil going on in the financial arena, but honestly I'm just focusing on taking care of my own personal financial situation so that I can be sitting in the best possible scenario I can.

So here's a little update:

I've managed to cut nearly $2000 of business expenses per month. Plus I am working on whittling away more expenses on our personal finances--we have paid off a few credit cards and are currently in the process of a handy little refi that will save us $300/month--[rates are great this week!]

I have made some frugal changes that seem to be helping as well. So all in all, though I know there is still more I can be doing [and I will still be working towards this], I feel pretty good about what we've accomplished so far.

[Sorry economy, I need to do what is best for me--hope it doesn't affect you too much that I've reduced my spending].

No comments: